Wednesday 25 July 2012

if man made it, don't eat it


Recently I have been bombarded with the idea of 'clean eating' on websites, Facebook & blogging. It's a pretty vague name, and I figured I would check it out to see if it was like every other healthy lifestyle i've seen around. Basically, it follows the motto 'if made made it, don't eat it'. As you can imagine this means that the 'clean eating' lifestyle would include fruit, vegetables, proteins, grainy- carbohydrates and things like seeds & nuts. Seems pretty easy to me. Although, I have had trouble with deciding whether or not raisins, prunes etc. are man-made as their natural state has been tampered with.. Mmm.

Anyway, for lunch I decided to do some juicing to get into the spirit of clean eating. I know (from experience) that apple, celery and carrot is always a hit so thought I would go with that. 5 minutes in the juicer had exploded, I had forgotten to to attach the 'waist bin' and the container which held the juice was not attached either. After I fixed that up I soon realised it would probably take 5 apples, 6 celery stalks and 4 carrots to make a substantial amount of juice. SO I opted for the small amount of juice as a snack.. Disappointing but still delicious!



1 comment:

  1. This was delicious thanks so much for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete